Nesting is very crucial especially if you own chickens or rabbits. But, there are a lot of nesting boxes on the market. Some of them should not be for pet such as rabbits. This is because they are of poor quality and size. So, when choosing the top best nesting boxes for rabbits, you have to consider these factors are:
- portability and size
- durability (build quality)
- and cost
However, you don’t have to go through all these challenges anymore. After our extensive research, we have been able to come up with a list of the best nesting boxes for rabbits. What’s the best nesting boxes for rabbits?
A List of Top 10 Best Nesting Boxes for Rabbits: Review
1. Ware wooden nesting box
Currently, this is the best nesting box for rabbits. This is because it’s comfortable and portable. This product can also be used for nesting chicken. So, it’s a versatile product. Due to its size, this is the perfect box for nesting your rabbits. This is also fully assembled. Thus, you don’t have to waste a lot of time assembling. Since it’s made of natural wood, it’s very safe.
- Safe to chew for all animals (unstained wood material)
- Comes fully assembled and ready to use
- Made in the USA
2. Ruff n Ruffus foldable playpen and carrying case
This is a designed portable carrying and nesting case for rabbits, dogs, and cats. Despite being versatile this product comes in 3 sizes. Since it’s spacious and its corners are reinforced, this product is secure and very safe. Apart from lightweight and portable, this product is easy to store. This is because it’s a ready-made product. Hence, you don’t have to assemble it.
- Portable & lightweight
- Made from durable water-resistant materials
- Reinforced with attached floor mat
3. SunGrow grass bed
This is a handmade grass nesting box. Since it’s made of grass, this product is lightweight and portable. It’s also comfortable and very safe for your rabbit. Since rabbits like to chew regularly, this product is safe. This is because natural grass can’t harm a rabbit.
- 100% natural, non-synthetic products with minimal processing
- Bed is made of natural materials (SunGrow woven grass), it doubles as a chew toy for your pet
4. Kaytee Nesting Material
This is the best nesting material for providing your rabbit with good sleep. In short, it’s best for your rabbit’s relaxation. This is because it’s made of cozy and comfortable materials. Unlike most nesting boxes and materials, this product is available in several colors. So, it’s very attractive and also affordable.
- Tangle-free short strands of cotton fibers
5. Peter’s woven grass nesting box
As the name suggests, this is a grass nesting bed. Having in mind that it’s made of natural grass, it’s safe. This is because it protects the paws of a rabbit. Also, natural grass can’t harm a rabbit in case the rabbit chews it. Even though this product is made of grass, it’s durable and very comfortable.
- Made of natural woven grass
- Safe for your pet to chew
6. Prevue Hendryx Hideaway Couch
A hideaway nesting, it’s made of grass, its lightweight weight and portable. Unlike most nesting boxes, this product will satisfy the rabbit’s instinct to nest and burrow. Although it’s made of natural grass, this product is comfortable and durable.
- 100% all natural couch grass
- Best for a guinea pig, dwarf rabbit or ferret
7. Scatterless Lock-N-Litter Pan
This is a nesting pan for small rabbits. This product is made of odor-resistant plastics and stain. So, it durable. Due to its design and size, it’s easy to maintain and cleans. Besides all this, this is a safe and affordable product.
- Made of durable, stain and odor resistant plastic
- Locks to cage to eliminate overturned pans and scattered litter
- Plastic guard and wire floor for cleaniness
8. Prevue Hendryx grass hut
This is another good nesting box by Prevue Hendryx. This product is made of 100% sisal tassel. Thus, it’s safe and very comfortable. This is because it protects the rabbit’s paws and provides a good relaxation spot. Measuring 11 inches by 9 inches by 6 inches, this product can accommodate a rabbit of any size. Despite all this, this nesting box is versatile and durable.
- Hand-woven grass activity center for your small pet
- Best for a chinchilla or guinea pig
9. SunGrow rabbits nesting grass house
This is another quality product from SunGrow. Like most nesting boxes, this product is made of edible natural grass. Hence, it can’t harm the rabbit if it’s chewed. It also protects the rabbit’s paws. Despite satisfying the rabbit’s instinct of nesting, it is great for gnawing and nibbling. Also, this product is affordable and durable.
- Completely pet-safe and durable
- Natural odor
10. Kaytee Natural Tree Trunk
This is a rabbit hideout designed to resemble a tree trunk. This product is made of plastic and wooden composites. Due to its size and design, this product provides a perfect hideout and resting spot for your rabbits. Even though it contains some plastic, it’s completely secure and safe.
- Safe and secure resting spot
- Made from a wood and plastic composite
As we reviewed and ranked, the best nesting box for rabbits is better alternative to a cage. You can see that the materials used for the nesting boxes for just friendly and perfect for baby bunnies.
- Top 10 Best Chicken Coop Heaters (2020)
- Top 10 Best Women’s Rain Jackets In 2020 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Nesting Tables In 2020 Reviews
- Top 10 Best Baby Cribs in 2020 Review
- Top 10 Best Support Dog Vests Reviews For 2020